Linde Gas offers a complete series of protective atmospheres on the basis of nitrogen for the chemical and heat treatment area. These atmospheres are produced by individual component mixing and their chemical reaction directly in the heat treatment furnaces. Due to the possibility to regulate their composition, they are called “controlled atmospheres”.
We not only offer industrial gases; the complete series of protective atmospheres for chemical and heat treatment is embodied in the Linde Gas program for complex production costs saving. This program is based on the proposal of the optimised supply method and controlled atmosphere system realisation.
Many methods and supply systems have been developed in the Linde Gas application centre; they are more economical and reliable from the operational point of view than the production of protective atmospheres and reaction gases in own generators. Nowadays, high quality of supplied gases, know-how, optimised use of these gases, and reliable supply systems up to the furnace are important prerequisites for the correct partner choice in the protective atmosphere choice.
Controlled atmosphere advantages:
- Low investment and operation costs
- High productiveness
- Reliability and safe operation
- Minimal maintenance
- Easy handling
- Flexibility – between 0 and 100 %
- Easy regulation
Overview of controlled atmospheres for metal heat treatment:
-CARBOTHAN (carburizing, refining, sintering, soldering)
- CARBOMIX (nitriding, carbonitriding, oxycarbonitriding)
- CARBOPLUS (carburizing, nitro-cementation)
- CARBOCAT (annealing, decarbonisation)
- CARBOQUICK (annealing)
- HYCONTROL (annealing of wire and sheet-metal scrolls)
- HYDROMIX (heat treatment of stainless steels and non-ferrous metals)
- HYDROZON (lustrous annealing, soldering, sintering, and decarburization of steels and non-ferrous metals)
Chemical and heat treatment - CRYOFLEX®
In the last years, the low-temperature metal processing technology is coming in in the heat treatment processes; it usually follows the machinery part tempering. Liquid nitrogen is used as an effective coolant as its temperature is extremely low (-196°C).
During the tempered steel and machinery part processing by low temperatures, the residual austenit decomposes into martenzit. Due to that, material features as hardness and strength, wear resistance, and shape firmness improve.
Linde Gas a.s. offers you the complex CRYOFLEX® program:
- Liquid nitrogen supply
- Required liquid nitrogen storage equipment
- Standardized hardware, as, for example, cooling boxes with the subsequent heating, cabinets, and tunnels
- Application engineer consultancies