- Chemistry General
- Dry Foods & Bakery
- Fish & Seafood
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Heat Treatment
- Metal Fabrication
- Oils & Fats
- Prepared & Catered Foods
- Pulp & Paper
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
Flexible production with reduced emissions:
- Fuel saving up to 50%
- Flexible production – furnace performance increase by up to 50% (ton/hour)
- Corresponding CO2 emission volume reduction by 50%
- NOx emissions below 70 mg/MJ
Experience and technical supremacy
Starting form the year 1990, Linde has realised more than 110 REBOX® oxyfuel installations in pit furnaces and continuous heating furnaces in rolling mills and forges, as well as in the annealing furnaces. Linde not only has experience from these installations, it is also the spearhead in the combustion technique development in this area. The most advanced technical solution including the so called Flameless Combustion and DFI (Direct Flame Impingement) has been fully installed at the customers starting in the year 2002.
No nitrogen ballast arises by the oxyfuel combustion
The whole combustion process depends on the fuel composition, oxygen, and ignition. The air only consists of 21% oxygen; the remaining 79% is ballast, actually only nitrogen. This ballast has a negative impact on the combustion process as it does not participate in the combustion process itself; nevertheless, it should be heated up and thus increases the fuel consumption and the off-gas volume by up to 80% in comparison with the oxyfuel burners. While using the oxyfuel burners, it is no more necessary to use recuperators and air blasting, the noise level decreases below 80dBA, and low-calorific fuels may be used.
- Conventional oxyfuel combustion
- Air + fuel combustion
- Flameless combustion of oxygen + fuel
Turnkey realisation and complete supply range
Linde has both know-how and experienced staff to offer the supply of complete turnkey solutions, including engineering activities, project processing, reconstruction, and commissioning. The REBOX ® system includes the equipment and control system for combustion air enrichment by oxygen, oxygen nozzles, additional oxyfuel burners – boosting, and entire oxyfuel installations in the heating and annealing furnaces.Linde develops and produces high-performance, compact, and heavy-duty oxyfuel burners that are applied both in existing and new furnaces. The oxyfuel burner effectiveness enables to replace a 2MW air-fuel burner with a more compact and lesser REBOX ® burner with the 1.3MW capacity; this performance still enables to enhance the production capacity.